Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Growing Like a Weed






Well I know it's been a while since I posted. Sorry Katie! Conner is growing up so fast. It's exciting, but scary at the same time. I don't want him to grow so fast.

Now that we have him on some good medicine, his seizures have been really few and far between. His flu scare turned out to be pretty minor. Since he had the vaccine, he only had fever for that first night, and all was well after that. We are still doing breathing treatments daily just to avoid any wheezing and coughing.

Conner is now wearing his molding helmet full time (23 hours a day). He's doing pretty well in it. Better than I expected anyways. It's just makes holding him really hard. It's like his own personal weapon. Hopefully it will do it's job quickly and we only have to endure it for a few months.



Conner also has another swallow study scheduled at Cook's on Friday. We really hope this goes well so that he can eat some stuff orally rather than eating by g-tube all of the time. He loves to taste things, and I know he would like it. So wish us luck.

2 comments:

Jason & Katie Pittenger said...

Thanks for the post! I enjoyed it... especially the pictures of Conner!! It's good to hear he is doing better. I don't like it when my poor Conner is sick!

Shea said...

Hey girl! I have spent the past 20 minutes reading your blog and looking at the pictures. The Lord has truly blessed you with a precious angel. You're in my prayers and I look forward to Conner's next update!