Monday, December 15, 2008

Almost time for another Dr. visit...

Well we travel to Ft. Worth yet again for another Dr. visit on Thursday. This time it is the neurologist. We will be having an EEG done to see if Conner is having any seizure activity. It seems as if he has been staring off into space lately (might be absence seizures), but it usually only happens when he is sleepy. Since he sometimes sleeps with his eyes partly open it's very hard to tell. He also had a swallow study done before Thanksgiving that went awful. Hendricks is a great hospital, but they are completely ill prepared when doing a swallow study on a small child. We have decided to wait and have another one done when he gets better head control and starts to tolerate sitting for longer periods. It will also be done at Cook Children's.

He has been making great advances in his physical therapy lately. He can sit with assistance and hold his head steady for several seconds now. He also will lift it longer and higher during tummy time and continues to roll over. So we'll keep working on it.

His respite nursing will begin soon. I'm kind of nervous about that. I have not left Conner with anyone besides Michael, his Nan, or his Grandma so I think it will take me some time to trust this person watching my son. We will have 19 and 1/2 hours per weeks. That will give me uninterrupted time for my transcription and school work which will be nice. I can also go to Walmart without spraying everything we touch with lysol to keep Conner from getting sick.


Roo had puppies on the 6th of December. They are getting bigger and whine quite a bit. I'm ready for them to be gone already. We have promised two of them to certain people, only three to go. They should be ready around the middle of January.





No comments: